So you want to speak English?
Decide to make it so.
What does that mean? It means:
Decide to speak English.
Then make it so.
Don’t say ‘I’m going to speak English.’ Don’t say anything at all.
Just do it. (like Nike)
It doesn’t require talking about it. It doesn’t require the ‘perfect’ plan. It doesn’t require having ‘enough’ money.
If you don’t have a plan… Get a plan.
If you don’t have ‘enough’ money… Get the money.
If you say…
Speaking English is so important to me. It’s a must. I have to speak.
If you say:
- If I speak English, I’ll feel much more confident.
- I’ll be able to get a new job.
- I’ll be able to talk with foreigners.
- I’ll be able to travel freely.
- I’ll be able to stop feeling nervous in my meetings and speak professionally.
- I’ll finally be able to solve this one weak spot in my life!
If any of these things are really true…
Then I know – you’ll do whatever it takes to get the time, the money, the resources, the courage – whatever you need to do this.
You will have decided:
I’m learning to speak English.
And this won’t be just ‘words’ or a ‘promise’…
It will be a new action – and a new behavior.
A true decision is not made of words. A true decision is made of actions.
Your actions will show the decision you’ve really made.
Your mouth can always say ‘I’ve made a decision’ – but your actions will always show the decision you’ve really made!
So make your decision. With your actions…
Stay in the same place.
Or move forward…